Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I'm back!

So much has happened since my last post.  I guess having a blog means making time to blog!  There's a joke in my family about Art, mom, dad or I will greet each other and ask how Art is doing or if he has been around lately.  If you haven't guessed who Art is.....its Arthritis.  Both my parents suffer from one form or another and lately I've come to see some signs in my 17 year old daughter.  I hope I am wrong.

February and March passed with varying levels of pain, trying different methods of pain control without the use of medications.  On my reserve Arthritis suffers have been targets in the past for break and enters.  Young people looking for a quick high think Arthritis suffers will have narcotics or medications that will give them that feeling they are seeking.  There is also an Island wide medical professional agreement to limit the amount of narcotics prescribed to the individuals, unfortunately this has made it difficult for chronic pain suffers to find quick relief from pain.  I don't condone the use of narcotics but at the same time I know how great the need is to be pain free especially when it hurts to wear clothing or having anything touch your joints.

Training for my trip to Iceland begin March Break approximatley 7 weeks ago  below is my training schedule for the entire 16 weeks.

Week Sunday Monday Tuesday Thursday Saturday
1 4 km walk 4 flights 4 km walk 5 km walk 6 flights
2 6 km walk 5 flights 4 km walk 5 km walk 7 flights
3 8 km walk 6 flights 5 km walk 5 km walk 8 flights
4 3km walk extra day off 3 km walk 3 km walk 3 flights
5 9 km walk 7 flights 4 km walk 4 km walk 10 flights
6 10 km walk 8 flights 5 km walk 5 km walk 12 flights
7 11 km walk 9 flights 6 km walk 6 km walk 14 flights
8 4 km walk extra day off 3 km walk 3 km walk 6 flights
9 12 km walk 10 flights 5 km walk 5 km walk 17 flights
10 13 km walk 11 flights 6 km walk 6 km walk 20 flights
11 14 km walk 12 flights 7 km walk 7 km walk 24 flights
12 5 km walk extra day off 4 km walk 4 km walk 10 flights
13 15 km walk 13 flights 12 km walk 6 km walk 27 flights
14 16 km walk 15 flights 13 km walk 7 km walk 30 flights
15 18 km walk 17 flights 14 km walk 8 km walk 33 flights
16 20 km walk extra day off 5 km walk Travel Day Iceland

wave if you see me!

Beginner Schedule

No comments:

Post a Comment