Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Arthritis Society Joints In Motion (JIM)

Keep moving



The mission of the Arthritis Society is to provide leadership and funding for research, advocacy and solutions to improve the quality of life for Canadians affected by arthritis. 

The Joints in Motion Training team is designed to raise funds to find a cure for arthritis; a disease that affects over 4 million Canadians of all ages.  To date, over 5000 Joints In Motions participants have raised over $30 million in support of The Arthritis Society http://www.arthritis.ca/jim/introduction/default.asp?s=1

As I previously stated, I have RA and Fibromyalgia.  My sister also has arthritis as do my parents and other relations.  Not long ago I was put on a medicaiton that was not covered by OHIP or Indian Affairs.  I did not have health coverage through my work and the medication was quite expensive.  I paid for it 7 pills at a time because that was what I could afford but there were times when I had to skip doses just to make sure I had enough to keep going.  I've heard of others who have never filled their prescriptions because it was not covered and they didn't have the money to pay for the medication.  This was one of the reasons why I decided to join the Joints in Motion Training Team.

I will be training to participate in the Iceland Trek this July.  To participate I must raise $8000.00.  All of the money I raise goes directly to supporting Arthritis research and programs to help Canadian's living with Arthritis.

I hope you will follow along on my journey as I prepare and train for this once in a lifetime opportunity.  At some point I will have a thermometer on this blog so you can see how much I have raised to date.  As of today I have raised $150.00 only $7850.00!

No comments:

Post a Comment