Monday, January 30, 2012

Fundraising for JIM

Since registering for the Joints in Motion Training Team I have been desperately trying to think of ways to fundraise the 8 thousand dollars I committed to raise for the Arthritis Society. 

I decided to hold a pie sale and kill two birds with one stone as the saying goes.  My students had been talking about how their grandmother's and mother's made pies but they had never learned how....always being the teacher I decided this would be a great independence learning experience for them and it would fullfill our community service for a funding application we were completing for gym memberships.

The students learned how to make pie dough, roll the dough, and flute the edges.  They learned how to make pie filling from scratch and bake it to a beautiful golden brown.  By the end of the lesson we had 31 delicious pies.

People called in reserving pies but I was still a bit worried they would not go.  Thankfully word got out and the pies all sold out.  One customer commented "are you going to do this every week?  If you are let me know and I will order again."

We sold the pies for $10 each...you do the math.  Todate I have raised $460.00  only $7540.00 to go!  If you want to keep up with the totals I will be placing my fundraising address soon.

Good night ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment