Thursday, July 12, 2012

Packing for Iceland :)

48 hrs till take off.  I am feeling the pressure of having everything test packed and weighed.  18kg is what I am allowed in my duffle bag...NO SUITCASES....duffle bags are highly recommended.  I told you about the duffle bag I was thinking of getting, well I purchased it, its in the black bag.

Here are the items to go into the bag: Sleeping Bag
and now the sleeping mat and pillow.  The sleeping pad is supposed to measure from my head to my bottom...but because I am short, it nearly fits!!


Deflated Size







Full Sized















So now I have my sleeping bag, pillow and sleeping mat in the duffle...still room for clothes, these are my neoprene socks for the glacial river crossing we will be doing.
Clothes: 3 under garmets, 1 under armour shorts, 1 under armour tshirt, 1 pair quick dry pants.

Long johns!!!


Swimsuit-for healing lagoons

the bag...still missing: towel, 3 pairs of wool socks, toilet paper and duct tape......I ran out of money for my socks. :(  Now for the daypack.

and....everything that is going to fill it...still need water bottles and water shoes.  Plus I am missing 1 mitten :(  thank you mama mafia for the rain suit....it smells like you :) that will comfort me when I am crying in pain and yelling at everyone to wait up! LOL

Rain suit, World Youth Day Bandana, Wet Wipes, Batteries, Hat, Mitt, Passport, Sunscreen, Power Bar, Safety Kit, Medications, Toiletries and Oh and the camera.  Test pack is done...now I have to weigh it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment