Friday, July 13, 2012

The Plan

Tomorrow is the day! Actually I can't really believe this day has come....quick someone pinch me!  The excitment is slowly building...it will hit me full force once I pass through security and the guards tell me to drink my bottle of water or spill it.

The plan for tomorrow is wake at 6am have a quick visit with my mama and papa at 7am...and off to Sudbury where I will have breakfast with the two greatest grandkids in the world.  Dylan and Zaagaasge.  Then off to Toronto...my flight leaves Pearson at 9:15 or there abouts, this means I have to be at the airport 3hrs before hand to meet with the rest of Team Ontario.  My flight will arrive in Reykjavik Sunday morning at around 6:25am.  We will be met at the airport by a driver and taken to the hotel where we will check in upon arrival.  There is an information session at 5pm with the mountain guides then a welcome dinner at the Nauthoil Restaurant.  This means I will have an entire day to walk along the ocean shore and check out the seaside lagoon.

Take those people out of the pic and put me in there, that may be me on Sunday :) before the big hike.  So Monday morning will be the last you will hear from me for 5 days.  This is what our itinerary looks like:

Monday July 15th-Entering the volcanic Landscapes of the Highlands
Tuesday July 17th-Hiking into the Colourful Rhytolite Mountains of Landmannalaugar
Wednesday July 18th-Access the Hrafntinnusker Plateau
Thursday July 19th-Crossing the inland Dessert of Maelifellssandur
Friday July 20th-Hike into the Lush Porsmork Valley
Saturday July 21st-break camp at Langidalur and return to hotel.
Sunday July 22nd- Awards Dinner @ Fjorukrain
Monday July 23rd- Depart Reykjavik 3pm arrive in Toronto @6:55pm

I'm sure I will enjoy me hotel after the trek, showers are $5 US for 5 minutes on the trail...I'm cheap :)  Check me out tomorrow night when I will have pictures of Team Ontario departing Pearson.

Did you know there are 20hrs of daylight in Reykjavik right now?  I'm taking my sleeping mask...think I'm gonna need it  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment