Wednesday, February 1, 2012

5,10, 30 minutes how do you measure your day?

Every appointment I have with my Rhumatologist begins with him asking, "how is the stiffness? How much time does it take for the stiffness to go away? 5, 10, 15 minutes?  I now measure my mornings as a 5 minute morning or a 20 minute morning based on how long it takes for my joints to become flexible.

I am in a full blown flare up which means every inch of my body is in pain.  My ribs, spine, shoulders, neck, elbows, wrists, hands fingers, knees ankles and toes.  The pain is so bad that I have only had 7 hours of sleep in the last three nights.  I am fuzzy brained, I can't remember the easiest things and can fall asleep sititng up for brief moments of time.  My left hand is so swollen it was usless to help with anything today.

A while back I had the bathroom taps changed into the lever kind, I no longer need to grip the tap but can merely push it with the entire hand or wrist....a simple convenience that allows me to turn on the shower without the help of m daughter.

My flareups usually last 7 days and I do try to keep moving to keep my joints flexible, but there are times where it is sooo much easier and less painful to lay in bed.  I did walk today, an abreviated  walk but I walked.

This morning was a 60 minute day, with no real relief from the stiffness or pain.
Pain Level out of 10  today is a 9.

I've taken a sleeping pill to help me get some sleep this evening.  Gonna need my wits about me tomorrow.

Goodnight and thank you for following along.

No comments:

Post a Comment