Friday, February 17, 2012

JIM Fundraising.....the PLAN!

Hi All!

I feel a bit abash at the fact I have not posted in a while.  Life as it does sometimes gets in the way of the best laid plans.  I am thankful for Sarah from JIM Ontario for giving me the nudge by inviting me to the fundraising conference call.  I met others who are currently fundraising for their individual events.  They shared what they have done to raise their funds and offered some excellent suggestions as well.

Being in a relatively remote location compared to those who live in the larger cities such as Toronto, Markham or Pembroke; Manitoulin offers it own different challenges.  Number 1 I don't have a large number of "people" who I ask for $100 donations.  Number 2 My "company" or workplace does not offer a fundraising matching policy. 

One great suggestion was to have a Facebook Auction.  I am working out the details but to put it simply I would have an array of items. I would create a FB page and load images.  I would post the rules of the auction and set a date for the auction to be held.  I am thinking about March 31.  I will open bidding at 6 am and close bidding at 12 midnight.  The successful bidder will be that last one at midnight on the 31st.  I will then contact the winner and we will work out the details for payment and delivery.  I've already got some pretty good prizes and am continuing to make requests for donations.  I will have the pictures loaded for viewing two weeks prior to the auction.  I've just decided the 31st will be the date.  Keep an eye out and once the page is up please share with your friends.  The more I have bidding the better this fundraiser will go.

I am having another pie sale this coming Thursday February 23th.  I will have available 10 apple pies, 11 Lemon Meringue, 10 Banana Cream, 10 Coconut Cream, 3 Raisin, 3 Cherry, 3 Mixed Berry $10 each.  Pick up between 3 and 6pm.  Pre-Orders accepted.

I am continuing to work on my fundraising page.  All the funds I have raised thus far do not show up yet but they will.  If you wish to make an online donation please go to my web page at http://arthritis.akaraisin.com/pledge/Participant/Home.aspx?seid=2152&mid=9&pid=762930  You will receive a charitable donation receipt for anything over $15.00.

With your help and the help of others I will be able to meet my fundraising goal!!


Miigwetch.

No comments:

Post a Comment