Friday, February 3, 2012

It Began



Yesterday after work I delivered coin boxes to the Bank of Montreal in Mindemoya and Gore Bay.  Nelson at Ritchie's was also kind enough to place one in his business.  I will be driving out to Little Current and ask both the BMO and TD banks to have the coin boxes in by their wickets as well.

These coin boxes will be in each of the businesses for the month of February.  I have been in contact with the local paper and am waiting to hear back about a story on my journey.  Its not only going to be a story about my efforts to fund raise but also to see if what doctors say will actually happen.  If I lose weight the symptoms of Arthritis and Diabetes will decrease.  We will see.

Letter campaign will begin today as well I am going to send out 100 letters to local businesses.  I will contact them within 7 days to see if they are willing to support my cause.

I will also make contact with our Local Radio Station 100.7 the island to do an interview so I can get my information out there, that I am fundraising for the Arthritis Society and how they can contact me.

Another pie sale will be held in two weeks hopefully we can raise another  $310.00 maybe more now that people know how delicious my pies are. :)

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment